Friday, August 26, 2011

The first day of school....

Oh how I've dreaded this day..... their backpacks are full, the lunches are packed, and BOTH of my babies are ready for school.

I'll admit, dropping Pigskins off on the first day was tough! He's a mommas boy. I'm wrapped round his finger. My lap misses his afternoon cuddles.... when he'd get a full belly from lunch and climb in my lap. I miss it. I miss that one on one time I got with him in the afternoons last year while Pigtails was in Kindergarten.

Anyway, we survived our first week. No more tears from Mommy, just giggles at fun stories of lunch escapades and silly girls.



 How sweet are these faces?! I can't believe they're both old enough to be in school all day long. But, I will tell you... watching them hold hands when they walk towards the school doors in the morning is just about the sweetest thing I've ever seen. Knowing Pigskins has his big sister to walk him to class and show him the ropes makes me one proud Momma!


Ah, 1st grade little miss! Where did the time go?! It seems like only a few days ago I was choking back the tears on your first day of kindergarten. Now look at you, a big 1st grader with friends calling you on the phone and boys fighting to sit by you at lunch. You better watch out little girl.... little brother is there this year to spy on you and help keep the boys away ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment