Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pigskins plays T-ball.....

Oh wow. I have waited for this day since the ultrasound tech announced "It's a BOY."

 I daydreamed about his tiny cleats and what number he'd choose. I wondered what his team would be called and what position he'd play. 

Last weekend, all those questions were answered and one of my mommy dreams came true. 
His tiny cleats are size 9. 
He chose number 14. 
His team is called the SHARKS.
And he plays, ALL OVER THE FIELD. 

He's playing in an instructional league, and since Daddy is deployed, Uncle JoJo filled in for him. I had tears in my eyes looking at these pictures. I remember Joey's first t-ball game and it was so bittersweet to watch him take my little man out there on the field and pass on his love of the game. Another generation of kids who will brave this Texas heat for the sport they are learning. Learning to love. 

During pigtskins first game, he got two hits, and four put outs. I was one proud mama. 

My heart hurt knowing what his Daddy was missing. This was such a huge milestone for our little man, but the needs of the Coast Guard come first, and rest assured.... Daddy WILL be in attendance for game number two!


While pigskins was busy winning his first t-ball game, pigtails was busy winning her first TOURNAMENT!!

I could not be prouder of the young man and woman these two little people are turning into.... and watching them play ball makes me smile ear to ear. I love love love it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment